- All courses must be booked prior to starting and the school must receive a completed enrollment form and a scanned copy of your passport.
- A non-refundable enrolment fee of £40 for full time courses must be paid at the same time as paying for your course.
- Course fees do not include course books, travel expenses or personal and health insurance. Some course materials are provided.
- Students must present their passports on their first day – the school will retain a copy of this.
- Students must be over 18.
- Accommodation must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
- ABLE Manchester does not own its accommodation.
- Students must leave their accommodation at the agreed time.
- All students who require a visa to study in the UK must contact the school prior to booking a course.
- ABLE Manchester’s insurance policy covers accident or injury on the schools premises only.
- ABLE Manchester holds on responsibility for any illness, theft, damages or loss of personal effects and recommends that students take out their own insurance. Able Manchester is happy to advise on what type of cover they would require during their time in the UK.
- Before the start day
- 20+ working days notice – a £100 cancellation fee will apply
- 20-15 working days notice – a £100 cancellation fee plus first week’s tuition
- 14-6 working days notice – 50% of tuition fees
- 5-0 working days notice – 0% of tuition fees
- After the start date
- No refunds will be given except in exception circumstances at ABLE Manchester’s discretion.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for lessons. Late entry is at the discretion of the teacher who may refuse entry to a student who is more than 5 minutes late.
- Students must apply for holidays in writing at least one week in advance. The maximum holiday permitted is 1 week for every 12 weeks of study. This time will be added to the end of the course for you.
- Classes missed due to bank holidays will be compensated for during the duration of your course.
- Able Manchester is closed for two weeks during the Christmas period – students are not charged for classes during this time but will be charged for accommodation if they chose to stay in the accommodation during this period.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- By enroling at ABLE Manchester agrees for the school to keep their personal details on file. Should these change at any time the student must inform ABLE Manchester of these changes.
- Students at the school are required to be behave in a respectful and considerate manner. Should any behaviour be considered to be abusive the student will be excluded from the school and no refund on course fees will be given.
- It is the policy of the School not to divulge any personal details of students to a third party, other than to the appropriate authorities, without the student’s prior consent.
- In all cases the decision of the Directors of The Essential English Centre Ltd will be final and binding.
- These Terms are governed by the law of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.